Robotics Assembler Position: Consumer Electronics Startup
Join our small but growing team at Skimdevil! Part-time assembly position(s), with potential for full-time work, available at Skimdevil, a solar-powered robotic pool skimmer company, headquartered in Sarasota, Florida. We are in the process of ramping up production of our product here in Florida and are looking for 1-2 responsible, detail-oriented people to help us get our product out to consumers. Possible opportunity for growth within the company as Skimdevil expands. The warehouse is located in Bradenton, Fl.
- Hours needed per week: Maximum of 20 -30 hours per week
- Entry-level job
The ideal employee will be a self-starter who has an almost obsessive attention to detail. We strive to offer the best product and experience to our customers and that starts with the assembly and packaging process. Every Skimdevil should be assembled and packaged with care and attention as if that customer is our only customer. Your job will be to assemble and test Skimdevil robots. This means you will be connecting parts into more complex components, ensuring all parts fit correctly, and testing the final product so that it is fit for delivery. Most of the work will primarily be done with handheld tools. You will need to be able to read instructions represented in manuals, drawings, schematics, etc., and follow them with precision. You will be trained on the assembly and quality control process from start to finish.
The employee will be able to perform a variety of functions that involve but are not limited to:
- Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures, which include collecting all material and equipment needed to begin the process.
- Take precision measurements to ensure a perfect fit of components
- Select or modify components according to measurements and specifications
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Align material and put together parts to build more complex units
- Check output to ensure the highest quality. You will be performing the first quality control check and fixing any issues.
- Correctly interpreting special customer orders and modifying robots as necessary
Additional duties related to the assembler position may involve:
- Assisting with packaging and shipping robots
- Managing, organizing, and retrieving stock in the warehouse
- Loading and unloading trucks/cars
- Processing and restocking returns
- Assists in maintaining inventory controls for robotic assembly. May also assist in counting of physical inventory. Routinely checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Helps to maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required
- 1-2 yrs previous work experience preferred
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and sound decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately follow directions, both written and verbal
- Dependable and reliable
- Team player
- Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry, and computer skills may be required
- Experience with power tools and maintenance
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.