Skimdevil is actively seeking an experienced, Bradenton, Florida based Robotics Assembler. You will be responsible for assembling and testing Skimdevil’s solar-powered pool- skimming robots. In this position, you will be connecting parts into complex components, ensuring all parts fit correctly, and testing the final product to ensure it is ready for delivery.
• Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures, which include collecting all material and equipment needed to begin the process.
• Take precision measurements to ensure a perfect fit of components.
• Select or modify components according to measurements and specifications.
• Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies.
• Perform the first quality control check to identify and fix any issues.
• Correctly interpret special customer orders and modify robots as necessary.
• Assist with packaging and shipping robots.
• Load and unload trucks/cars.
• Processing and restock returns.
• Assists in maintaining inventory controls for robotic assembly, count and manage physical inventory, routinely checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies.
• Help to maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; sweep, dust and mop, and organizing warehouse and work area.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
• Must be 18 years or older
• 1-2 years of previous work experience in robotics assembly
• Experience with power tools and maintenance
• Previous experience with inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry, and basic computer programs
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Hand tools for assembly
• Instruction/ assembly manuals, drawings, schematics
Salary: $15- $20/hr
Schedule: Part-time, 20-29hrs per week
Location: On- Site, Bradenton, FL
• Attention to detail and ability to accurately follow directions, both written and verbal
• Dependable and reliable
• Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
• Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
SkimDevil is a small, family-founded, and veteran-owned company located in the St. Petersburg/Sarasota area of Florida. Skimdevil was born of a frustration with ineffective, expensive, and subpar pool products on the market. We made an investment in our swimming pool and wanted to use it, so instead of continuing to buy products that don't work or break, we made something we could use and trust to do the job. We created Skimdevil—a solar powered, automatic, robotic pool skimmer easy-to-use, equipped with top technology, and designed to clean pools.
Our mission is to provide residential pool owners with products that are effective, efficient, and as environmentally friendly as possible. We believe in quality over quantity—we want to make absolutely sure we're providing our customers with the best product. At our company, we invest in people and our community—we're only as strong as our employees, our customers, and the inclusive culture we strive to cultivate every day.
We are committed to giving back to the larger St. Pete/Tampa/Sarasota communities. Our employees are encouraged to get involved in their communities. As an organization, we plan to specifically focus on nonprofit organizations that are connected to the ocean—we are nothing without clean and safe seas. Under this umbrella, special focus is given to those organizations that are combating environmental issues here in Florida and beyond, are veteran-connected, or serve at-risk youth and adults.
SkimDevil is a subsidiary of PVM, a digital services company focused on unlocking the power of data for public sector teams.
PVM believes in equal opportunity employment. We won't discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we're committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, and our clients.