We’re a small company of dedicated problem-solvers out to make a big difference. At PVM, you’ll be working on tough challenges such as tracking real-time disease outbreaks, helping local law enforcement solve crimes, creating enterprise architecture to help with tactical decision making, and others. Your talents will be utilized to make a real impact on people’s lives.
Here, we value authenticity and integrity above all else. As an employee-managed company, we empower our teams to bring fresh ideas, make decisions, and seek the best solutions for our clients. Simply put, we’re a company of professional software engineers who love what we do.
We are looking for a Software Systems Engineer to work on data systems crucial to domestic security for a government client. You will be troubleshooting issues in a large, complex system where you will have the unique opportunity to integrate immense data sets that have a real-world impact. In this environment, you will have the freedom to work autonomously while also collaborating with a vibrant and supportive team.
Technologies You’ll Be Using
- Backend: Java, Groovy, SQL, Python, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Environment: Linux, Puppet, Ansible, Nagios
- Opensource frameworks: Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Redis
- Builds and support provided with: Jira, Confluence, Git, Gradle, Jenkins
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar discipline AND 5 years of applicable experience
- Active Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
- Strong systems administration skills in Linux
- Strong database skills including schema management and SQL development
- Software development experience and a passion for learning the craft of software development
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks
You Might Have:
- Experience with law enforcement in an investigative and/or analytical capacity
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Elastic Certified Engineer, Elastic Certified Analyst, Elastic Certified Observability Engineer, Linux+
Our Core Values:
- Enjoy continuously learning (we realize making mistakes means progress)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
- Detail-oriented and a team-player
- A creative thinker and enjoy a collaborative environment
- Work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package to include health benefits, flexible paid time off, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, and internal employee micro-bonus program
- PVM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. PVM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Think you have what it takes? Apply today.