St. Petersburg, Florida
PVM, Inc is actively seeking an experienced, St. Petersburg-based DevOps Engineer with experience in software development, deployment and operations using AWS best practices. In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring the reliability of mission critical systems for PVM’s customers that have a meaningful impact in U.S. maritime operations, you will have the opportunity to use your engineering skills to provide creative solutions for these systems.
• Architect solutions and provide subject matter expertise in cloud solutions including containerization, infrastructure as code, and cloud native DevOps to provide full life cycle management for secure cloud-based workloads.
• Advise and work with an engineering team to provide cloud migration solutions using proven methodologies and tools, with expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Demonstrate to our customers a deep understanding of governance, compliance, and cyber security (ATO, System Security, Risk Management, Incident Management).
• Active Secret Clearance or above
• 5+ years of supporting and administering enterprise systems either on premise or in cloud environments
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience providing DevOps support using AWS services
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Experience with AWS GovCloud, DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• BS/BA and 10+ years of relevant experience
• FedRamp certification in AWS environments
• Diverse knowledge of AWS services
• Extensive experience in AWS Well Architected Frameworks
• Extensive knowledge and experience with infrastructure as code including AWS CloudFormation
• Data/ML Pipelines using S3, Athena, Glue, Airflow, Kinesis or Kafka, and Sagemaker
• Serverless Apps using S3, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway, AppSync, and Cognito
• Web-based Project/Task Management tools like Asana, Jira, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Web-based Wiki/document sharing tools like Confluence, etc.
• SDLC tools like git, gradle, JIRA, Circle CI, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.
Salary: $110,000- $130,000
• Enjoy continuously learning (we realize making mistakes means progress)
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
• Detail-oriented and a team-player
• A creative thinker and enjoy a collaborative environment
• Work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
At PVM, we mean it when we say we value diversity. As a PVM team member, you will work with people from all different backgrounds that are passionate about the problems we solve for our customers and are focused on delivering value for our clients. Our culture encourages problem solving, leadership, and innovation, and creates an environment that will support your professional and personal growth. Here are a few highlights of the advantages of being a part of the PVM community:
• Opportunities for growth and advancement
• Tuition/Training reimbursement
• Peer bonus program
• Remote and on-site positions available
• Unlimited PTO
• Flexible work schedule
PVM delivers digital services that help government agencies unlock the power of their data for good and maximize the value of their technology investments. We design, develop, and deploy solutions to solve mission-critical problems. PVM is a black- and service-disabled veteran-owned small business and was founded by a retired Naval officer out of frustration with the status quo with one goal in mind: to help his fellow Shipmates solve the problems they were facing every day. Today, we continue to be driven by that same goal, and are focused on taking on our clients’ missions as our own to make a difference in the communities we serve.
PVM believes in equal opportunity employment. We won't discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we're committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, and our clients.