We’re a small company of dedicated problem-solvers out to make a big difference. At PVM, you’ll be working on tough challenges such as tracking real-time disease outbreaks, helping law enforcement solve crimes, creating enterprise architecture to help with tactical decision-making, and others. Your talents will be utilized to make a real impact on people’s lives.
PVM is seeking a skilled Linux system administrator to provide support and maintenance of a secure system. The administrator will monitor the system health and status of incoming data feeds. This work will involve error correction and testing, technical support collaborating with site infrastructure, database, security, and analysis teams, implementation of product updates to include ATO/accreditation support, and downtime coordination. The candidate will need to be able to troubleshoot Linux software issues and drill down through error logs to identify software issues for remediation by the team. The work is primarily on-site.
Things PVM is Doing
- Created new insights for U.S. financial institutions into their massive amounts of data
- Provided real-time enterprise solutions on enterprise architectures for DoD and Military strategic and tactical decision making
- Developed federal, state, and local law enforcement forensic investigations leveraging OSINT
Technologies You’ll Be Using
- Operating Systems: RedHat Enterprise Linux, MS Windows Server 2008-2016
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Environment: Puppet, Nagios, VMWare
- Builds and support provided with: Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Circle CI, Confluence, Jira
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- ACTIVE SECRET government clearance is REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar discipline or at least 5 years relevant experience
- CompTIA Security+ certificate or equivalent (IAT Level II)
- Strong systems administration skills in Linux (Certification preferred)
- Strong database skills, including schema management and SQL development
- Problem-solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
- Detail-oriented and a team-player
- A creative thinker and enjoy a collaborative environment
- Work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
- Comfortable with occasional travel.
You Might Also Have
- Some scripting experience (Bash/Unix shell)
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, and front-end frameworks
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building
- An understanding of object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users
- Enjoy continuously learning (we realize making mistakes means progress)
- Actively seeking opportunities to grow and develop
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package to include health benefits, flexible paid time off, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, and internal employee micro-bonus program.
- PVM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. PVM is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!